School starts in less than a month!
Next month promises to be busy for our families with school age kids. It’s almost time for school to start. There is a lot to be done in preparation. Some of these preparations involve your child’s healthcare. Here are some examples of things you need to accomplish before school starts.
- Check up visits and immunizations are required for kids before they start kindergarten. All children need to be up to date with their immunizations for each school year.
- Immunizations are needed for children with they turn 11 years of age.
- It’s a good idea to have check up visits for your children once per year.
- Yearly sports participation examinations are required before athletic participation.
- Children with chronic diseases such as asthma, food allergies, and seizure disorders need to have regular examinations with written school management plans in place to be filed with the school nurse. Medication refills are written during these office visits.
- Kids with ADHD need to have regular visits and new prescriptions for their medications.
So, NOW is a good time to get your child’s health care needs addressed. We get really busy in early August. Don’t wait until the last minute! Call our office for a check up visit.