We are now offering Telemedicine visits at All For Kids Pediatric Clinic. These visits use a cell phone, tablet or computer to connect you to one of our physicians for medical care with a secure audio and video connection. This is a secure, HIPPA compliant connection. You can access telemedicine visits at our clinic in two ways. First, you may call our office at 501-224-5437 to schedule a telemedicine visit with one of our physicians. Our receptionist will schedule a date and time for the appointment. Alternatively, you may attempt an unscheduled telemedicine visit without an appointment by clicking on one of the links below to go directly to your doctor’s telemedicine waiting room. Continue reading below for detailed instructions on how to access telemedicine visits by both methods. We do give priority to scheduled telemedicine visits.
The types of visits that are appropriate for telemedicine visits include:
- Colds, Fever and flu like symptoms
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Feeding issues
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Behavioral concerns, ADHD, anxiety and depression
- Abdominal pain, GERD, constipation
- Headaches, dizziness
- Skin problems – rashes, eczema, warts, and acne
- other concerns (during this corona virus outbreak most concerns can be addressed with a telemedicine visit)
Note: Check up visits are best done in person at our clinic because of the needed measurements and possible immunizations.
How to use AFK telemedicine:
If you decide to preschedule your visit, call our office at 501-224-5437 during our regular office hours and request a Telemedicine visit with your usual doctor. If your usual doctor is not available, you may schedule with another physician. The physician will notify you at the appointment time with a text message and provide you with their individual telemedicine waiting room web link which is published below.
- At the time you make the appointment, we will ask for your cell phone number. The physician will text you when your appointment time arrives.
- Click on the embedded web link on your text message. Instructions will be provided. iPhones, Android devices, ipads, and computers all work well. Most cell phones work best with a cellular network connection and not wifi.
- Before your call, weigh your child and take their temperature if at all possible.
- Have your child beside you during the call so that your child can be examined with the phone’s camera. You child must be physically present with you for a telemedicine visit.
- Your insurance company will be billed for the Telemedicine visit. Most all insurance companies (including medicaid) are now paying for Telemedicine visits due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Call your insurance company to determine if deductibles and copays will apply to your visit. If you have questions about your insurance coverage of Telemedicine visits, please call your insurance company.
The following links give you access to your individual physician’s waiting rooms:
- Dr. Jerry Byrum: allforkids.doxy.me/drbyrum
- Dr. Tony Elias: allforkids.doxy.me/doctorelias
- Dr. Ashley Halpain: allforkids.doxy.me/drhalpain
- Dr. Dawn Martin: allforkids.doxy.me/drmartin
- Dr. Marsha Salman: allforkids.doxy.me/drsalman
- Dr. Kim Skelley: allforkids.doxy.me/drskelley
- Dr. September Westbrook: allforkids.doxy.me/drwestbrook
If you decide to attempt a telemedicine visit without an appointment, that is fine. We welcome those visits. We have availability for unscheduled telemedicine visits during our regular office hours with your regular physician according to the schedule below. During those times, simply click on the physician’s waiting room link below. We will receive a text notification when you join our waiting room. If we don’t respond within 10 minutes, then know that that particular physician is currently unavailable. Try again a little later. This way of accessing telemedicine is like making a phone call, sometimes the call is available, sometimes not. Please prepare for your telemedicine visit as outlined above.
Schedule for telemedicine visits during regular office hours:
- Dr. Jerry Byrum: April 9,10,14,15,16,17: allforkids.doxy.me/drbyrum
- Dr. Tony Elias: April 10,13,15,16,17: allforkids.doxy.me/doctorelias
- Dr. Ashley Halpain: April 9,16,17: allforkids.doxy.me/drhalpain
- Dr. Dawn Martin: April 10,13,14,15: allforkids.doxy.me/drmartin
- Dr. Marsha Salman: April 9,10,13,14,15,16,17: allforkids.doxy.me/drsalman
- Dr. Kim Skelley: April 10,13,14: allforkids.doxy.me/drskelley
- Dr. September Westbrook: April 9,10,13,14,15,17: allforkids.doxy.me/drwestbrook
After Hours Telemedicine visits
After our regular office hours, telemedicine visits in our practice, promise to be a convenient way to manage patients who become ill after hours or whose parents are unable to come to clinic because of their work schedule. Our on call physician will handle these visits. If you feel that a telemedicine visit is necessary, simply click on the on call physician’s waiting room link and the physician will get online with you as soon as possible. Our on call schedule is listed below.
Call schedule for telemedicine visits after our regular office hours:
- Thursday April 9, 2020: 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm: Dr. September Westbrook: allforkids.doxy.me/drwestbrook
- Friday April 10, 2020: 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm: Dr. Dawn Martin: allforkids.doxy.me/drmartin
- Saturday April 11, 2020: 8:30 am – 11:30 am: Dr. Tony Elias: allforkids.doxy.me/doctorelias
- Monday April 13, 2020: 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm: Dr. Dawn Martin: allforkids.doxy.me/drmartin
- Tuesday April 14, 2020: 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm: Dr. Jerry Byrum: allforkids.doxy.me/drbyrum
- Wednesday April 15, 2020: 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm: Dr. September Westbrook: allforkids.doxy.me/drwestbrook
- Thursday April 16, 2020: 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm: Dr. Tony Elias: allforkids.doxy.me/doctorelias
- Friday April 17, 2020: 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm: Dr. Ashley Halpain: allforkids.doxy.me/drhalpain
- Saturday April 18, 2020: 8:30 am – 11:30 am: Dr. September Westbrook: allforkids.doxy.me/drwestbrook
- Monday April 20, 2020: 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm: Dr. September Westbrook: allforkids.doxy.me/drwestbrook
Note: After hours telephone calls will be directed to the nurse triage line at Arkansas Children’s Hospital as we have done in the past.