RECOMMENDED BOOKS ON CHILD CARE AND CHILD HEALTH
- The Holy Bible
- Baby and Child Care by Focus on the Family, Dr. Paul Reisser (an encyclopedia)
- The First Three Years of Life by Dr. Burton White.
- The First 12 Months of Life by Frank Kaplan.
- How to Parent by Dr. Fitzhugh Dodson.
- The Magic Years by Selma Frailburg.
- Your Child’s Self-Esteem by Dr. Dorothy Briggs.
- Your Child’s Health by Dr. Barton Smith. (an encyclopedia)
- Caring For Your Baby and Young Child, Dr. Steven P. Shelov, editor. (an encyclopedia)
- What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel
RECOMMENDED BOOKS ON BREASTFEEDING
- The Nursing Mother’s Companion by Kathleen Huggins. (Best book on breastfeeding)
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, 4th edition. La Leche League Int.
- Breastfeeding: Getting Breastfeeding Right for You by Mary Renfro, Chloe Fisher, Suzanne Arms.
RECOMMENDED BOOKS ON CHILD REARING AND TRAINING
- Dare to Discipline by Dr. James Dobson. (A must read book for all parents)
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Trip
- The Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson.
- The Key To Your Child’s Heart by Gary Smalley
- The Little Book of Christian Character and Manners by William and Colleen Dedrido
- How to Really Love Your Child by Dr. Ross Campbell
- The Five Love Languages of Children by Dr. Ross Campbell and Dr. Gary Chapman
- The Wounded Heart by Dan Allender (a book about surviving abuse)
- 1,2,3 magic. Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Thomas Phelan
RECOMMENDED BOOK ON PUBERTY
- The Care and Keeping of You, by Valorie Schaefer (Author), Josee Masse (Illustrator) American Girl series
- The Focus on the Family® Guide to Talking with Your Kids about Sex: Honest Answers for Every Age, J. Fitch (Editor), David Davis (Editor)
RECOMMENDED BOOKS FOR KIDS EXPLAINING ADHD AND AUTISM
- All Dogs Have ADHD by Kathy Hoopman
- All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome by Kathy Hoopman
RECOMMENDED BOOKS FOR AND ABOUT TEENAGERS
- Choices by Stacy and Paula Rinehart (about dating)
- Preparing for Adolescence by James Dobson
- The Book of Proverbs by Solomon
RECOMMENDED BOOKS REGARDING READING
- 1. Honey For a Child’s Heart by Gladys Hunt
- 2. Books Children Love by Elizabeth Wilson
- 3. Read for Your Life by Gladys Hunt (for teens)
RECOMMENDED STORYBOOKS FOR KIDS
- You Are Special (Max Lucado’s Wemmicks) by Max Lucado and Sergio Martinez
- You Are Mine (Max Lucado’s Wemmicks) by Max Lucado and Karen Hill
- The Wonderful Things You Will Do by Emily Winfield Martin
- Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book by Rod Campbell
- Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
- The Very Lonely Firefly board book by Eric Carle
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram
- The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen and Dan Hanna
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst and Ray Cruz
- Love You Forever by Robert Munsch and Sheila McGraw
- Hop on Pop (I Can Read It All By Myself) by Dr. Seuss
- Oh, The Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss
- Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- One Fish, Two Fish by Dr. Seuss
- When God Made You by Matthew Paul Turner
- Good Good Father by Chris Tomlin
- God Gave Us Heaven by Lisa T. Bergren
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
- The Napping House by Audrey Wood and Don Wood
- The Berenstain Bears and the Truth by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain