Today, Monday, March 23, 2020 we will begin offering Telemedicine visits. These visits use a cell phone, tablet or computer to connect us to you with an audio and video connection. This is a secure, HIPPA compliant connection. The types of visits that are appropriate for telemedicine visits include:
- Colds, Flu follow up
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Feeding issues
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Behavioral concerns, ADHD, anxiety and depression
- Abdominal pain, GERD, constipation
- Headaches, dizziness
- Skin problems – rashes, eczema, warts, and acne
How to use AFK telemedicine
- Call our office at 501-224-5437 and request a Telemedicine visit with your usual doctor. If your usual doctor is not available, you may schedule with another physician.
- We will ask for you cell phone number and the physician will text you when your appointment time arrives.
- Click on the embedded web link on your text message. Instructions will be provided. iPhones, ipads, and computers all work well.
- Before your call, weigh your child and take their temperature if possible.
- Have your child beside you during the call so that your child can be examined with the phone.
- Your insurance company will be billed for the Telemedicine visit. Any of your insurance deductibles and copays will apply to these visits. If you have questions about your insurance coverage of Telemedicine visits, please call your insurance company. Arkansas Medicaid currently covers Telemedicine visits.